Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Purple Crayon

One of my favorite things to do is fun activities tied in with great children's books. The kids love the book "Harold and the Purple Crayon" by Crockett Johnson, and I wanted to give them a chance to bring it to life in their own way and make the connection that reading can be really fun. I bought a large inflatable purple crayon and had each child pose for a picture holding it however they wanted. After reading the book to them I gave them a half sheet of white paper and one purple crayon and asked them to draw someone or something that makes them feel happy. After developing the pictures I cut around each of their bodies and the large crayon they were holding and found a good place to put them into the pictures they each drew. The results are adorable, and probably one of my favorite bulletin board ideas of all time :)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment